Many people had thesis writing experience in their school years, and some found it overwhelming while others found it entertaining. In fact, thesis writing skill is not exclusively useful for students. Certain careers also require production of thesis in various subjects now and then as well. Same as other talents, ability in writing varies and can be influenced by a lot of activities, such as, periodical practice. However, there are some routine and rules for anyone who wishes to produce a thesis with decent and good quality to follow. Here are the steps:
1. Research. It is the very beginning and basic thing you need to proceed with, forming the foundation and authenticity of your entire work. In the process of research, it is advisable to take notes which are relevant to your subject.
2. Title decision. Thesis title needs to reflect the core aspect of the paper's subject, and to cover the topic and angle that you choose to approach. Therefore, you may need or want to change the title during the process to make sure the main idea of your paper show.
3. Thesis statement. Thesis statement can be a sentence or a paragraph to clarify the point of view of the author, guiding the direction of entire article. Usually, thesis statement appears in the first paragraph of the paper to reveal the stance of the author under the chosen topic.
4. Sub thesis. After the previous three steps, you need to tag down sub thesis to support your main point of view. The number of sub thesis is adjustable. Normally, for a short thesis, three to four areas of support are enough, and five of them lead to the maximum since it is also not a wise choice to go overboard in this aspect.
5. Citation. Now, it is time to bring part of your research in use. In most of cases, citations appear in the arguments of sub thesis. They are your tools to support your statement. Also you need to pay great deal of attention on the right form of quotation which you are informed before you start the assignment.
6. Conclusion. To wrap up your paper, a good conclusion is like a yum desert, leaving space and time for readers to enjoy the aftertaste. You take this chance to perform a quick review on your topic sentence, and reintroduce all your areas of support that appear earlier in the body, but, keep in mind not bringing anything new.
Overall, writing thesis can be a pleasant experience if you know what to do in each step. Of course, just like other writing projects, it is necessary to read it loud after finishing up the paper so that possible spelling or grammar errors can be avoided.