Writing a blog is not enough when you wish to reach a wide audience. There are certain guidelines, tips and tricks that need to be followed when you start blog writing. Here are some tips that can help you achieve perfection in the blog writing style.
• Make headline descriptive- the headline that you give for your blog has to be descriptive so that the point of the article becomes clear to the reader without reading the blog. The RSS reader may read the headline and this is why a bad title should be avoided in blog writing.
• Make use of inverted pyramid writing style- the main idea behind blog writing has to be told first so that the readers get an idea about the content. This means that the core ideas are to be mentioned earlier and the details need to be discussed in the paragraphs that follow. This way, the reader will know by reading the first and second line if he wants to read the blog further.
• Let the first link be the main link- most of the people click on the first link and this is why you should make it into the main link. Do not include too many links near to each other as it will confuse the reader and scatter the point.
• Keep reintroducing the core ideas for the blog- using this tip for blog writing will make sure that the readers who come to your blog after a long time do not find it to be confusing.
• Make use of images, sub-headings, lists, tables, colors and bold letters to highlight the important areas in the blog. The reader will find it easier to scan the article. Even if you write a longer blog, the readers will not consider it to be a difficult read.
• Use simple language- your blog is going to have its audience around the globe and this is why the language to be used in the blog has to be simple. Many of the readers may have English as a second language and they might not understand complex words that you use in blog writing.
• Do not forget to credit your sources- you can mention the name and give a link to their website. This is an ongoing trend in the blog writing arena.
• Mark the changes and updates- if you make any changes to your blogs or update it, remember to mark it. Do the same when the readers point out something wrong in your blog writing style.
• Stay away from spelling mistakes in blog writing - read the posts before you post them on the blog so that there are no typo errors. This will impress the readers as well.
Varun M is a well known name in the arena of content writing. He has been a regular article contributor to various international article submission web directories. His articles and opinions have been widely accepted as the point of reference for respective subject matter.